Diving Center Hydrovius is located at the sea side in the bay of Krithoni, only 1 km from the port of Agia Marina which is also the capital of the island.
The center is fully equipped and fulfills all the requirements to train and serve divers of all levels of scuba diving.
With two boats, a diving vessel of 10m. and an inflatable speedboat of 7m, a number of 20 divers can be carried to the numerous dive sites around the island of Leros.
The dives are always supervised by experienced instructors and are made from the beach or from a boat. Any person from the age of 8 years old, can dive or take a course, the only condition is that he is in good health.
Diving Center Hydrovius offers all levels of courses according to the PADI method, from Open Water, Open Water Advanced, Rescue, to Assistant Dive master.
For beginners it is possible to do a Discover Scuba Dive or to go snorkeling to discover the beauty of the seabed.
With the boats of the center graduated divers have the opportunity to visit the incredibly intriguing dive wrecks from the Second World War, the amazing ecosystems, underwater caves, reefs and walls with coral and amazing colors.
It is also possible to participate in night diving. Each wreck with his own history, in depths from 18m to 50m., tells us the story of the Battle of Leros, a special fierce battle between the Allies and the German forces, and the last battle won by the Germans in the 'B World War. Instructor Costas Couvas has researched all the wrecks for years can tell you all the details of each wreck, and the objects inside or around them.
- To a German landing vessel type H. The vessel is cut in half by an explosion, and various portable equipment lies still around it on the seabed.
- To a Greek ship that was under command by the Italians, and used to drag the antisubmarine net.
- To the antisubmarine net, placed by the Italians at the entrance to the natural harbor of Lakki. to the shaft of a German bomber Henkel 111.
- To the legendary Greek destroyer "Queen Olga" which sank 26/09/1943 at port of Lakki, beaten in the first attack of the German Luftwaffe. A dive with a special historical interest. *
- To a Junker 52, a German transport aircraft.
- To an Italian barge. *
- To a landing ship.
- To a cave with beautiful fauna, to reefs with corals and many other places.
* The specific dives are done under certain conditions.